Shock is a reactionary, emergency state. Shock is the result of trauma, such as physical injury, poisoning, or severe shifts in the body’s PH balance, blood sugar levels, or electrolytic balance. There are other imbalances as well, which the body may fight to adjust, taking essential components from one part to create a temporary support in another.
For example, our bodies are designed to be slightly alkaline, including the blood supply. If one’s intake of drink or food introduces high acidity, the body may find it necessary to pull the alkaline calcium from the bones in order to balance the blood’s PH levels.
Sugar intakes are a major source of systemic shock. Many do not realize sugar spikes in the blood are more damaging to the teeth than sugar-induced decay from actual contact. When blood sugar goes high, the body pulls essential minerals from the teeth in order to offset the imbalance. Did you know that?
Sugars, especially high-fructose corn syrup, and sugar from sugarcane, are shocking to the body. The pancreas can be highly stressed, and the insulin produced within the Islets of Langerhans can be depleted after repeatedly dumping insulin into the system in order to meet the emergency. Chronic over-stimulation of these special glands leads ultimately to their failure, and diabetes presents.
Alcohol is one of the most pervasive drugs, due to simple belief that it is not a drug. Drinking is widely popular, and drunkenness is a greater phenomenon than it should be.
Without detailing concerns, isn’t it enough for now to state that alcohol is poisonous to the body, and far from a healthy choice?
Food colorings are another consideration. These are actually synthetic chemicals in many cases, and are harmful to the human body. Symptoms identified commonly are hyperactivity, insomnia, asthma, skin irritation, eczema, and hives.
Yet another form of shock results from artificial sweeteners. What many do not know is they fall into the excito-toxin family. This means they are not sweet at all. The brain interprets them as sweet, you believe and perceive them to be sweet, but they are just a chemical. Similarly, mono-sodium-glutamate excites the brain, increasing perception of flavor, when in fact it is doing nothing but tricking the brain, and the cells are dying off in a frenzy.
If our families are suffering from a roller coaster of systemic shocks, it is unreasonable to seek difficult solutions, when all the while the simple resolution is in great evidence. Removing highly processed drinks and food from our diet is a good start. Artificial things usually use artificial coloring, a lot of sugar, and other sweetening additives.
Red punch isn’t red from all the strawberry juice in it. Most of the highly colored things we eat are fake, and partly toxic. And many foods are infused with sugar in order to get people to eat more of it.
Sugar is addictive. Once a child has been addicted to sugar, he can be induced to eat large quantities of almost anything, just as long as sugar is added to them.
I have seen children drinking large cups of sugary soft drinks. The parent sometimes fails to see things in proportion. The adult can drink 12 ounces of Coo-Coo Cola and barely notice it. He is consuming perhaps 1/2 ounce of sugar per 10 pounds of body weight. He is working on a good case of diabetes and doesn’t know it. But shockingly, the parent will hand the same 12 ounces to a child weighing 24 pounds, and the ratio is perhaps 2 or 3 ounces of sugar per 10 pounds of body weight. We should be watching ratios more.
Shocking the body’s systems is not wise. The body’s mechanisms for coping and adjusting are truly amazing, but the time comes when the coping is done, and the body begins to break down. If this is happening to you, don’t think ‘doctor,’ think ‘simplify.’
Successfully training our children means first of all nourishing them, and reducing shocks to their physical well-being. If a child is in physical distress, he should not be expected to exhibit exemplary behavior. Indeed, he may be acting crazy in order to sound the alarm.